|Organize for Success® Turns 10|
Today, let's cover my favorite sources for up-to-date information:
10. Evernote's Blog - As an Evernote Certified Consultant, I like to keep up with what's happening with this amazing tool; however, its blog goes way beyond simply talking about product updates. Members of the Evernote community provide best practices for implementing this suite of applications as well as general productivity, organization and business tips.
9. Real Simple - This company's magazine, website and related products offer practical information and useful tidbits related to money, family, life strategies, technology, travel, etiquette, organizing, food, recipes, beauty, fashion, holidays, entertaining, weddings and health. I find both their lists of "clever items to simplify your life" to be particularly inspiring, and you can subscribe to receive via email a daily quote that can be uplifting while amusing. Click here for a sampling of Daily Finds to get an idea of what content Real Simple regularly offers.
8. Lifehacker - With updates throughout the day on its site and social media as well as annual lists to be downloaded, this source "curates tips, tricks and technology for living better in the digital age". Lifehacker offers plenty of personal productivity and software recommendations to help you work smarter and save time. Always looking for additional content from worldwide experts, Lifehacker is a strong resource for work-life integration; click here for its pertinent details and follow whichever of its blogs are most applicable to you for ways to accomplish your priorities.
7. Make Use Of - Whether you sort the content by topics like Android, Gaming, Hardware, the Internet, iOS, Mac OS X and Windows or you reference its "top lists" of apps, software, tools and websites, there is a wealth of technology-focused information on the websites and social feeds of Make Use Of's brand. Click here to learn more about this "leading destination for digital productivity tips and your guide to cool stuff on the Internet." This source helps in using technology to boost work and play.
6. Mashable - As described in its summary here, "Mashable is a leading source for news, information and resources for the Connected Generation. Mashable reports on the importance of digital innovation and how it empowers and inspires people around the world." Whether you are seeking better understanding of apps, how to be your most productive, ways to implement gadgets, mobile devices, social media and software or tips for running your business, Mashable offers helpful and insightful content.
5. mindbodygreen - With a mission to "revitalize the way people eat, move and live", mindbodygreen breaks its articles into groupings that help improve how its community eats, moves, lives, breathes and loves. In addition, there are classes that can be purchased on meditation, yoga, personal growth, relationships, nutrition, fitness, spirituality and home as well as videos to help revitalize. As described in its About Us section, "mindbodygreen is a lifestyle media brand dedicated to inspiring you to live your best life"; to that end, it gives research, best practices and easy-to-implement tips for holistically improving mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and environmentally.
4. Entrepreneur - This magazine and website provide advice, understanding and news for established as well as aspiring entrepreneurs about entrepreneurialism, small business management and related tools. As stated in its terms of service, Entrepreneur works to inspire, inform and celebrate entrepreneurs, offering practical tips to start and grow your business.
3. Fast Company - Per its About Us page here, Fast Company offers "a unique editorial focus on innovation in technology, ethical economics, leadership and design" and works to inspire "innovative and creative thought leaders who are actively inventing the future of business". Fast Company sets out "to chronicle how changing companies create and compete, to highlight new business practices and to showcase the teams and individuals who are inventing the future and reinventing business." This is a great source for content regarding technology, business and design.
2. Huffington Post - Founded by conservative-turned-liveral Arianna Huffington, this online news aggregator is a destination for content regarding world news, U. S. politics, business, technology, entertainment, style, television, arts, books, food, recipes and comedy information. This site provides both reliable, breaking news as well as commentary and can catch you up on an expansive breadth and depth of what is happening across a wide array of topics. Click here to learn more about the community's code of conduct and how to comment on this site's conversations.
1. Inc - For tips, advice, tools and services to help you start, run and grow your business, Inc's printed publication, website and social media feeds are exceptional. As it describes itself, this is the only major publication designed exclusively to "guide CEOs and owners of small-to-midsize companies to success". While plenty of useful information is available on its homepage, I like to visit its Technology page and its Grow page. This is a great source for information about starting up, growing your company, leading, innovations, technology and money.
Bonus - PureWow - This website presents visually-appealing content on lifestyle, tech, fashion, beauty, family, money, food, recipes, wellness, home, books, entertainment, weddings, how-to instructions, trends and travel musts. I like how its About page says "PureWow elevates your everyday." Its team focuses on making "life more interesting, beautiful and manageable."
Which websites are your favorites and why? Are there any on this list you'd like to check into further?