Brought To You By Emily Parks
Productivity Consultant at Organize For Success, LLC...
Helping You Make Every Minute Matter!



Monday, May 15, 2017

Countdown to Memorial Day: David Glenn's Travel Tips

Spring has sprung, and the countdown to summer's unofficial start on Memorial Day has begun! As temperatures rise, I find that travel planning increases so this is the seventh in my series of interviews highlighting frequent travelers. We'll cover their preferences and best practices, giving you takeaways to try for your next trip.

Mr. David Glenn
This week, I am pleased to share my interview with David Glenn, who hosts The David Glenn Show, one of the largest regionally syndicated sports radio programs in the nation, and is the Founding Editor of ACCSports.com as well as the ACC Sports Journal, the best-selling college sports magazine in history. Mr. Glenn has covered the Atlantic Coast Conference for almost 30 years with articles appearing in the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Philadelphia Inquirer, USA Today, the Durham Herald-Sun and dozens of other newspapers, magazines and websites. In 2014, he helped launch and serves as game-day host for the Big Tailgate Tour, which brings a unique brand of fun, contests, excitement and prizes to universities and fans across North Carolina for football games and special events. Amidst more than 500 radio and television appearances each year, Mr. Glenn serves as a popular emcee and / or speaker at dozens of sports clubs, civic groups and other organizations. To learn more about his background, 17-year legal career, family and associations, click here for David Glenn's full biography, and read on for travel insights to use over your next adventure.

EP: Do you travel mainly for business, pleasure or both?

DG: Both.

EP: Do you prefer traveling via plane, train, boat or automobile?

DG: Mostly by automobile, but I choose plane for longer distances.

EP: What is your favorite destination and why?

DG: Hawaii because it's tropical, beautiful, peaceful and fun.

EP: What is your preference for airlines?

DG: I prefer Southwest Airlines because of its reasonable prices and good service.

EP: What is your preference for hotels or accommodations?

DG: Marriott properties offer safe, clean and reliable options.

EP: Do you book your own travel or prefer a travel agency?

DG: I usually book my own travel.

EP: Do you have any suggestions for making the most of loyalty programs or points?

DG: Research all your options, be sure to read the fine print so you know all the details, and do not buy points.

EP: Are you loyal to any particular brands?

DG: I'm not really loyal to any specific brands; instead, I seek the best deals from those I trust.

EP: When flying, what do you ensure is in your carry-on?

DG: My computer, a new paperback book and tissues (just in case).

EP: Do you keep an extra bag of toiletries packed?

DG: Yes! I make sure it includes my deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, shave kit, etc.

EP: How do you organize your time while on-the-go?

DG: I make sure to minimize stress by not over-scheduling myself.

EP: Do you use technology to help stay productive and organized? If so, what's your favorite program, app, website or tech tool for surviving the chaos of daily life? And what's your favorite for being your best while traveling?

DG: I don't use technology much for staying organized. I still use an old-school desk calendar! My calendar actually is custom-made each year by a listener who became a friend; he takes photos from his international travels, copyrights the photos / calendar and gives his calendars to a handful of friends / colleagues each year. I do, however, keep track of my accommodations by adding all the details and confirmation numbers to my smartphone. And I like using the Notes app, which may qualify as productivity technology.

EP: Across all your travels, which restaurant did you enjoy most, why was it your favorite and what was the best food?

DG: Le Belvedere in Tahiti due to its breathtaking view in an incredible setting, and the mahi mahi was delicious.

EP: If you could have one super power to make traveling (or life in general) a little better, what would it be?

DG: Flying like Superman!

Thanks for sharing so many excellent tidbits, Mr. Glenn!

Readers, do your preferences mirror his? Do you use any of the tools or hacks that he's mastered over his countless travels? Which tip do you plan to implement in the future?

No comments: